8.08.2011

STYLE: TAILORED SHORTS


 Ginger Rogers

The Sartorialist

Jamie, From me to You

Dita Von Teese, Coachella

I'm not at all into daisy dukes shorts shorts and flip flops. I prefer a more retro kinda look, more pull together. I really don't want to look like I just rolled out of bed and put some denim shorts and go on with my day. that's just me. So when summer is here (almost everyday in sunny San Diego) I usually tend to gravitate for a more tailored and structured short with a vintage flair. Here is what a look for on a short:

  • Retro colors, navy, black or white (no denim).
  • Front details, like buttons (I prefer no pleats).
  • Beautiful hems, such as scallops or double hem.
  • High waist is a must! for the retro look.
  • No shorts-shorts (leave a little a the imagination).
  • Pop some color with accessories.

Here are some lovely options: ASOS (Whistles Roxanne) + ASOS (Scalloped) + ASOS (Pleated) + ASOS (Africa Stripe) + UO (Dolce Vita) + UO (Paper Bag) + UO (Stars Tap) + EDITH & BERTHA (40's Shorts) + WEARING HISTORY (Pattern Shorts) + H&M (Shorts) + ANTHROPOLOGIE (Wind Garden) + ANTHROPOLOGIE (Compass Points)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...